- Schedule Dental Appointment
Frequently Asked Questions
What about my baby?
Hunter Family Dentistry provides free “lap exams” for children under the age of three. Our office staff will perform a dental exam, called a “lap exam”, where we will address any and all concerns you may have while your child sits comfortably in your lap.
What can my child expect from a first dental visit?
Watch this short video with your child to get an idea of what to expect during a first dental visit.
When do I need to bring my child in to see Dr. Hunter?
Unless you suspect a problem, we recommended regular dental visits after your child turns three years old.
Do you sedate children for treatment?
We do not provide in-office sedation for patients.
Can I remain in the room during treatment?
Sure. However, it can get crowded, so we prefer just one parent in the treatment room at a time during treatment.
Does my child have to have X-rays taken?
We take X-rays on a case by case basis. Some reasons X-rays may be needed include:
- If I visually see a problem
- If the child has a previous history of dental issues
- If the child has never had X-rays taken and has tight contacts between the teeth
- If the child has their first adult molars
We can use previous x-rays in many cases.
How often do you recommend taking X-rays?
Every child is different. I consider many factors when recommending X-rays. We do not support a blanket recommendation of X-rays every six months.
When would my child need to go to the Pediatric Dentist?
The only time I would refer your child to the Pediatric Dentist is when there is an urgent dental need and the child is unable to allow me to take care of that need.
“Before I was a dentist, I was a parent. I knew what I wanted for my children then, and it’s the same things I want for my children now. I want the healthcare professionals I take my kids to see to take the time to talk to them. I want them to make sure my child is as comfortable as possible. If my child is afraid, I want to know that my child’s fears will be taken seriously. As the parent, I want to know that I have all the information necessary and that I have options. I understand what it’s like to look for a healthcare professional that is a good fit for your child. I’m going to take the time to build a professional relationship with you and your child. It’s important to me.” Dr. Damien Hunter DMD
My promises to you:
- I will answer any and all questions you or your child may have.
- I will take into account you and your child when recommending treatment.
- I will work closely with you and your child because we are not a “one size fits all” practice.
- I will explain all my recommendations for treatment.
- I will provide a safe, comfortable and judgement-free environment.
Find us just west of the Oaks Mall in Jonesville, FL!