- Schedule Dental Appointment
Amalgam Filling Evaluation
Do you have an amalgam filling you are concerned about?
- Hunter Family Dentistry can evaluate your amalgam teeth fillings. Contact us today to schedule your dental appointment.
What is amalgam?
- amalgam is a mixture of a number of different materials
- amalgam usually consists of about 50% mercury and 50% other metals
- amalgam has been used for many years as a dental restorative material for teeth fillings
What are the benefits of amalgam fillings?
- amalgam is easy to use
- when filling a cavity, amalgam can inhibit formation of new cavities (carious lesions)
- amalgam is very durable
What are some concerns people may have about amalgam fillings?
- you must remove more of the tooth before filling a cavity compared to other filling materials
- possibility of accumulation of heavy metals in the body due to leaching
- proper disposal of amalgam waste, contamination of water supply
Find us just west of the Oaks Mall in Jonesville, FL!